March 20, 2017, 2:41 pm
Editor’s Note: Hoop Ball and RotoTracker have partnered up to give our podcast listeners and premium subscribers discounts on the best DFS tracking service in the industry. You want to win and this is what we use and what the pros use. Click here to find out more.
With the DFS industry becoming increasingly reliant on data analytics, it is more important than ever to incorporate real data into your daily picks. In an effort to keep up with the current trend, we at Hoop-Ball have built our own personal database that we use to build models and formulas to help us identify strong DFS plays.
While many DFS players have resorted to using models and computer programs to make picks and set lineups automatically, we set ourselves apart by incorporating basketball knowledge and expertise into our daily picks. This will be a daily article aimed to give our readers some of the best values that we were able to identify heading into the games.
Below are some of the players that we were able to identify:
- Elfrid Payton – Payton has been finishing strong, and has established himself as a regular triple-double threat. Early in the season he was primarily a tournament pick, but his recent consistency makes hin a valuable cash play as well. Philadelphia is a great matchup for him as well, making him one of the top picks of the night.
- Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot – Luwawu-Cabarrot has been hovering around 30 minutes and has been registering around 15-20 fantasy points per night. He may not be the best upside pick, but he’s a great value play until he sees a price increase.
- Andre Roberson – Roberson is much like Cabarrot, with a little more safety and a bit less upside. With plenty of high-priced options available, Roberson makes a great value play.
- Jauncho Hernangomez – Hernangomez has been seeing plenty of action with Wilson Chandler and Danilo Galinari sitting, and owners can count on him for close to 20 fantasy points, which is a fantastic floor for a player that costs just $3700.
- Ersan Ilyasova – Ilyasova was capable of producing 40+ fantasy points when he was a starter with Philadelphia, so his temporary increase in minutes with the Hawks is a great opportunity to get some value with upside.
- Bismack Biyombo – If Nikola Vucevic is forced to sit tonight, look for Biyombo to be the best value play of the night. Philadelphia is terrible against opposing centers, giving Biyombo huge upside.