October 17, 2018, 3:49 pm
With the DFS industry becoming increasingly reliant on data analytics, it is more important than ever to incorporate real data into your daily picks. In an effort to keep up with the current trend, we at Hoop-Ball have built our own personal database that we use to build models and formulas to help us identify strong DFS plays.
While many DFS players have resorted to using models and computer programs to make picks and set lineups automatically, we set ourselves apart by incorporating basketball knowledge and expertise into our daily picks. This will be a daily article aimed to give our readers some of the best values that we were able to identify heading into the games.
Below are some of the players that we were able to identify:
- Trey Burke – Burke was fantastic at the end of last season, and while it wouldn’t be fair to expect similar production, it should be in the realm of possibility against a team like the Hawks. New York’s lack of depth in their backcourt should mean plenty of minutes for him as well
- Kent Bazemore – I’ll generally be targeting this Hawks/Knicks game tonight, so Bazemore is a natural pick here. The Hawks have plenty of players out tonight, so expect to see plenty of minutes for Bazemore at the 2 and 3. He’s a relatively safe pick at his price, and the upside is there for him in tournaments as well.
- James Harde – There are plenty of value plays available, so you’ll need to find a way to spend up somewhere. Shooting guard isn’t the deepest position tonight, and Harden represents the safest high-priced option at any position.
- Kawhi Leonard – Toronto will be a great defensive team this season, but they’re going to need to rely on Leonard on the offensive side of the ball. That’s not a terrible thing, and it certainly bodes well for him as a DFS pick. Take advantage now while the price is still low.
- Kelly Olynyk – Miami will start the season dealing with plenty of injuries in the frontcourt, opening up plenty of minutes for Olynyk. He’s extremely productive when he’s on the court, but there is some downside risk with this pick. Another player to target from the Heat would be Hassan Whiteside
- Alex Len – Len may not play in this one, but if he does he’s a great value play. Len has always been able to contribute with points and rebounds when he’s on the floor, and he’s sure to get some decent minutes on this Hawks team.