Josh Richardson

Home Forums The Hoop Ball Fantasy Hoops Forum Josh Richardson

• Author

cb_no4
    Keymaster

I understand he is not going to be the focal point in Philly.
    It is unfortunate, because I think JRich is capable for more.
    But couldn’t he just slot into the same role RoCo had in Philly, and still be a valuable fantasy contributor?

Thoughts anyone?

Coach
    Participant

No worries with JRich! I think he will fit into a perfect spot starting at the #2 spot and getting big minutes. Even though the Sixers have some major weapons I think he will still have very solid fantasy value. He’s not shy to chuck it for sure!
    Good luck!

Dan Besbris
    Keymaster

I’m terrified he goes back to what he was before … someone who does not assert himself unless the path is wide open.

If he goes back to being a defensive guy, that’s our avenue to value. He’ll likely be underdrafted because of his new situation, so that’s a good thing, but don’t expect the offensive numbers anywhere near what he did in MIA.

cb_no4
    Keymaster

Yeah, I agree the offensive numbers will be no where near what he had this past seasons.
    Hopefully, he will be a solid 3&D guy and contribute in that fashion.

Thanks guys.

Coach
    Participant

Don’t give up on him! I think he has matured a lot and will be a decent fantasy contributor. He has the raw talent and confidence to fit right in!
    Good luck!

shadowmoses7
    Participant

Josh was fine last season when he wasn’t forced to take over ball-handling responsibilities while Dragic was injured. Once that happened, the defensive stats dried up which, in turn, killed a lot of his value.

In Philly, I’d expect him to go back to being the guy he was before: not a huge role on offense but will take a good amount of threes and bring the stocks. He’ll be more than fine.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.