September 22, 2019 at 12:58 pm #246332
Hey all –
For select shows this year, we will be taking questions via forum AND live chat. If you have a question for Adrian and Josh (who will be hosting a Q&A show for Draft Guide subscribers at 7pm PT tonight), feel free to post it in here!
The show will air at this link: https://www.hoop-ball.com/top-posts/2019-draft-guide-live-qa-1/
- This topic was modified 8 months ago by Dan Besbris.
September 22, 2019 at 2:03 pm #246339
Here is the situation: i am in a 12-team, 11 player per team H2H league, standard 9cat (incl TO). Our draft order is set by chance and how unfortunate, i am drafting 11th. Here’s the thing: It is possible to trade up to no 4 by giving away my first two rounders (pick 11 + 14). So my picks would be #4, #35, #38 etc. Would that still make a competitive team?
What would you do?
I do not know if i will be awake by the time the live show airs, so if you would be so kind to drop a line in here when you are going to answer my question?
September 22, 2019 at 2:25 pm #246340
Josh and Adrian will be answering it on the show, which begins at 7pm PT … luckily, if you’re a DG subscriber, you can watch the video any time at the youtube link at that site I posted above 🙂
September 23, 2019 at 3:07 pm #246637
Josh / Adrian, thanks for the answers. It makes a lot of sense to outsmart the competition with pick 11 & 14. With the lists ESPN is providing now, the possibilities of landing 2 potential first round picks is huge on these spots, so hopefully my picks pan out!
Thanks crew! Will share my team here after the 12th of october…
September 22, 2019 at 9:09 pm #246391maxilloParticipantRank: Rookie
Machine gun answers here ^_^
1. Which is your best punt strategy this year? Or you don’t like punts?
2. Do you think Porzings is fine healthy? He will fit good in Mavs offense like “young” Dirk?
3. Which will be the best breakout player: Bryant, Collins, Young, JJJ, Adebayo, Bridges(Miles).
4. In the last 2 rounds in h2h 12-14 teams, who you would like to pick? I like Anunoby, Okogie, Powell, Garland, Hachimura, Fulzt (Fultz will play at high level?). Who have more upside and be a sneaky top 100? (not calling sleepers ehe)
5. Do you like to draft for value and after trying to trade for having a better team, or draft with an idea of which category i would like to dominate? And so do some reach picks.
6. What you think about Ayton like PF and not C? He need a C defense oriented (Bayner) to be good on offense?
7. Is true that is better taking PGs for assist/points in first 2 rounds, because the scarcity of that categories? You can find block and reb later in the draft easily?
September 22, 2019 at 9:19 pm #246394
Hopefully not too late on this.
Auction draft. What are your thoughts on early draft strategy.
Is it worth going hard on 2 first rounders (say KAT/Lillard) and checking out of the draft through the remainder of the top 20/30/40 until the mid round value appears. Or do you prefer a smooth snake-draft-like team?
September 23, 2019 at 4:43 am #246468
Looks like i snuck in just in time!
Great discussion on the Q&A. Appreciate both your thoughts, and a very well explained “It depends” to my question.
It will depend on how the yahoo ranks land and if i can grab the tier 1s at reasonable prices. But this year alot of the value (projection vs rank) seems to be top and bottom, with a whole lot of risk in the 20-40 range. So i might lean towards the big 2 if I can avoid over paying.
The joy of auction is nothing is certain.
September 23, 2019 at 12:58 pm #246582
What did you guys think about having this forum thread open all day before the show? This was sort of a ‘trial run’ on this new method, which allows people who can’t be there to watch the show LIVE still get their questions in…
September 23, 2019 at 3:38 pm #246652
Worked well for me with the time difference.
Live show was mid morning during the work day, so threw in my question and listened to the guys work them through on my walk home.
September 24, 2019 at 2:56 pm #246909
Really enjoyed the show afterwards. This way the community can grow internationally.
Hope the amount of questions keeps on rising steadily!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.