Premium Forum Chat with Hank Aaron November 2 at 7 p.m. PT

Home Forums The Hoop Ball Fantasy Hoops Forum Premium Forum Chat with Hank Aaron November 2 at 7 p.m. PT

• Author

Aaron Bruski
    Keymaster

Hey guys, tonight our very own Hank Aaron is going to be doing a FREE PREVIEW of one of our new perks for Premium Members, taking your questions LIVE in a Forum Chat at 7 p.m. PT.

Forum chats will take place in the forums, hence the name ‘Forum Chat.’ It’s our way of boosting an already impressive community!

If you haven’t purchased the Premium Membership, you may want to consider our Draft Kings promotion, which gives you a FREE membership ($29.99 regular) if you deposit $5 with Draft Kings.  Learn more about it here.

Feel free to start piling up the questions now and we’ll see you later on tonight.

papervase
    Participant

What are your thoughts on the value of Millsap and BroLo ROS? Thanks!

Hank_Aaron
      Participant

I’m not moving too far off my preseason rank (33) on Millsap. Hold if you own, buy low if the opportunity is available. BroLo has me more worried. Looks like he is going to have a reduced role on the Lakers this season, and Luke doesn’t seem inclined to play him more. It’s hard to see him cracking the top-80 at this rate. Treat him as a low end asset in 12 team leagues.

Hank_Aaron
      Participant

Right on cue, BroLo has a huge game AND Nance goes down. A few more games like this and my previous remarks can be totally discarded, but lets see that first.

papervase
    Participant

Is Richuan Holmes rosterable in a 12-team? I am unsure whether he’ll get enough minute soon with embiid approaching 30 mpg.

Hank_Aaron
      Participant

Absolutely. Go ahead and add him ASAP, who are you thinking about dropping?

papervase
      Participant

Thanks for answering both my questions! I dropped Tyson chandler for richuan Holmes earlier this week actually.

Richard
    Participant

Drop Brook Lopez for Kanter? Threes and blocks are solid and in need of rebounds and FG%. Will BroLo bounce back or is LAL not a good fit for him?

Hank_Aaron
      Participant

Thus far, it looks like LAL is a terrible fit for BroLo. If the Lakers are planning to ride his expiring contract to some cap space, it reduces the odds of him being traded as well. I would take Kanter over BroLo but you may want to float some trade offers first to see if anyone is higher on BroLo.

Richard
      Participant

Thank you for responding! Already made my move

Hank_Aaron
      Participant

No problem, good luck!

annakarina
    Participant

Who are some of the best buy low targets at the moment?

Richard
      Participant

I’d say Paul Millsap, Jimmy Butler, and Eric Bledsoe

Hank_Aaron
      Participant

Agree with all those. Millsap and Butler are especially good because they are on new teams and have struggled to produce their typical numbers to start the season. Lowry/DeRozan/Conley have some buy low appeal. Ariza and James Johnson are potentially mid-round guys that can probably be had as throw-ins in a trade. Chris Paul/Kawhi/Myles Turner could potentially be buy low if the owner is getting impatient. Allen Crabbe should get better. Gorgui Dieng is outside the top 200 but should get better. I’m trying to give you as many names as possible because buying low is just as much about the fantasy owner you are trading with as it is about the actual players.

Dan Besbris
    Keymaster

Seems like the ‘reply’ button is going to be pretty important here.

Austin
    Participant

How does this trade stack up to you:
    T Young
    J Brown
    P George

for

Draymond Green
    M Conley
    W Barton

12 team 9 cat h2h

Hank_Aaron
    Participant

I like the Green/Conley/Barton side. I would also try subbing someone else instead of Thaddeus, but if that’s what it takes to get the deal, I’d do it.

Austin
      Participant

I tried giving him Crowder instead, but he wouldn’t have it. So I had to part with T Young sadly. I’m happy with the trade, pending Conley’s health is fine moving forward.

Hank_Aaron
      Participant

Haha yes, nobody is giving value for Crowder right now.

papervase
    Participant

Can you rate my team? 12 team standard 9 cat punt FG

Boogie
    Lillard
    Schroder
    Millsap
    JRich
    Ingles
    Ariza
    Dedmon
    Ulis
    Bogdan
    THJ
    Thad
    Bojan (streaming)
    IL:
    Richuan Holmes
    Milos

I had Enes before, but jumped at the chance to trade him for Ingles. Kind of regretting it now since I’m kind of light on rebounds. I drafted Lin, but he went down because of assists.

My main question is do you think I’m overloaded on steals. And should I trade some away? What would you do to improve this team?

What do you think of Thad Young ROS?

Hank_Aaron
    Participant

Nothing wrong with having a surplus in a single category. Early in the season I try not to put too much stock into individual categories, and focus more on trying to improve by trading for buy low guys and making high upside pickups. Holmes is a great example of the latter. I posted a list of buy low players above, and there are definitely some more out there. Later in the season, you can try and trade for a specific category when you are fine tuning your squad for the playoffs. Try and package 2 mid-round guys for a slow starting top 20 player (Lowry & Jimmy Butler are good targets). Given Ariza’s slow start, you are likely limited to just Schroder/Thad combo. You might be able to slip Ulis, Bogdan or THJ if they run hot for a few games. Alternatively, you can try and trade for a top 40 type with a lesser package. Isiah Thomas is a good target in your league as well.

Hank_Aaron
    Participant

I like Thad to finish top 70, with a decent shot to get into top 50.

keletus
    Participant

What are your thoughts on the Knicks building blocks, Hernangomez and Ntilikina? Who is worth stashing now and later? Who has higher upside? Who will the coach give more minutes and touches to as the season progresses?

Hank_Aaron
    Participant

Ntilikina displayed some very tantalizing potential last night with five steals and eight assists in just under 26 minutes. It looks like he has the better shot at playing time both in the short term and long term. Hernangomez is buried on the depth chart right now and needs an injury or trade to get on the standard league radar. If both players were getting 30 minutes a night, I would prefer Hernangomez. However, given the current rotation the Knicks are using and can be expected to use moving forward, I give the edge to Ntilikina for short term value. He is a fringe player to own in 12 team leagues with plenty of upside. His FG% and TOs will likely stop him from cracking the top 100 but if you are desperate for assists you can use him. Hernangomez looks like he will not be contributing anything anytime soon, so unless you have a really deep bench he is off the 12 team radar.

keletus
      Participant

Thanks Hank!

ahgohgo
    Participant

Hi,

Thinking to pick up hield or bogdan bogdonovic and drop ulis. Any advice?

Hank_Aaron
    Participant

Ulis has the most intriguing upside to me because of his assists potential. However, he is already splitting time with Mike James and Pho could bring in a PG via trade. Between Hield and Bogdan, Bogdan is playing a little cleaner now but Hield has got more upside. If you are in a 9-cat with playoff format, I’d take Hield for the upside. If Phoenix does not acquire a PG in the Bledsoe trade, I’d take another long look at Ulis.

ahgohgo
    Participant

Thx a lot!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.